There’s a debate going on about taller women dating shorter guys. Is it okay? Do the ladies like this? Are shorter guys out of luck?
Well, since everyone has their own opinion and preference, it’s hard to answer those questions. One thing you can do is figure out the pros and cons of dating a shorter man as a woman, so let’s take a look at those ahead.
Pro: More Options
For women, only 14% of men fit in the criteria of “perfect” when it comes to tallness. That leaves the field wide open for the other 86% out there in the world.
Con: Eventual Dissaticfaction
The tallness contrast has the power to become a major issue that takes up space in your mind. This could lead to eventual dissatisfaction and you’ll end up ending things.
Pro: Shorter Men Make Better Partners
A starter study found that shorter men make better mates. They’re less likely to divorce and more likely to do a greater share of the housework. Those are good signs.
Con: Having To Bow For A Kiss
I’m no expert on women, but I’m sure they don’t enjoy having to bend over for a kiss. Also, men don’t enjoy standing on their toes to grab a smooch.
Pro: It Shows Your Maturity
For women, dating shorter can show their maturity. It can seem shallow to deny people based solely on height, so women who don’t mind are showing that they’re looking for something serious.
Con: All Eyes On You
If you aren’t the type to like extra attention, then this might be tough for you. If there’s one thing people like looking at more than a car accident, it’s a couple where the woman is taller.
Pro: Shorter Men Try Harder
Shorter guys know they don’t stack up to their taller competition. Because of this, they will try harder in other areas to make up for their “shortcomings.” That sounds about right.
Con: Cutting Back On The Heels
Since you two are already the same height or worse, rocking those breathtaking heels won’t have the same feel. You can still wear them, but his height will take away some of the thrill.
Pro: You Can Forget About The Heels
Since your man is already short, you don’t have to worry about strapping on those heels! His height makes you look stunning without the extra inches added to the bottom of your soles.
Con: He Can’t Reach The Top Shelf
Well, it could always be worse. If your man is too short to reach the top shelf at the grocery store, that’s a bit embarrassing, but you can always use a stool at home!
Pro: He’s More Thoughtful
Being short, he’s experienced some form of disrespect from society. If he isn’t a bitter gnome by now, then he identifies more with his empathetic side, which is great news for whoever dates him.
Con: The Napoleon Complex
If he doesn’t have control over his ego, a major problem could arise. The longer he realizes that his lady towers over him, his pride will deteriorate, and that can lead to irritability.
Pro: More Space To Yourself When Sleeping
When you two get in bed for the night, you won’t have to worry about hitting his shins with your feet. You’ll have more room to move around, and that’s lovely.
Con: Children Might Start To Resemble Him
Women don’t want their man to be the same height as a teenager. Worse, they don’t want him looking like his little brother, either. Those are a few things you’d have to accept.
Pro: He Lives Longer
Research shows that shorter people have longer lives. God forbid, if you take a dirt nap too soon, he’ll probably still be around to take care of things like the children and the house.
Con: Holding Hands Is Tricky
If you two stand next to each other and want to hold hands, it will probably look like a mother trying to hold her son’s hand. This is especially true if you have at least five inches on him.
Pro: You Can Complain Together About Things You Can’t Control
He can’t change the fact that he’s short, and you don’t like that you grew to be so tall. That gives you two something to complain about and bond over.
Con: You Can’t Wear His Clothes
One thing girlfriends like doing is stealing their man’s clothing. If she’s the taller one, then she can kiss that privilege goodbye unless he buys a size or two larger.
Pro: He’s An Excellent Spoon
Even if you aren’t into cuddling that much, when you are, he’s a great spoon. It’ll feel cozier with him behind you, and you can even try out being the big spoon.
Con: People Might Think You Settled
If you’re dating a shorter guy, people might think less of you. They might think you didn’t have the patience to wait for someone your height or taller. But it’s none of their business, and what matters is that you’re happy with your short king.